The following Legal Notices apply to your use of all websites, mobile applications, and other products and services owned, controlled, operated or hosted (whether now or in the future) by JibJab Media Inc. and/or its corporate affiliates, including but not limited to the JibJab.com, StoryBots.com and all related applications and services (collectively the "JibJab Sites").
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK NOTICE
Copyright © 1999-2013 JibJab Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Product names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases used on any JibJab Media Inc. products or services, including without limitation, JIBJAB, JOKEBOX, POSTABLES, SENDABLES, STARRING YOU, StoryBots, Beep & Boop and the JibJab logo, are owned by JibJab Media Inc., its licensors, or other entities. Such trademarks, service marks and trade names may be registered in the United States and internationally.
Any use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
JibJab Media Inc. will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted via U.S. registered mail to our Designated Agent as follows:
JibJab Media Inc.
Attn: Shirley Tayag
PO Box 5356
Santa Monica, CA 90405
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Counter-Notification to Claimed Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA, if a claim of copyright infringement has been asserted against you, you may elect to make a counter-notification with the Designated Agent identified above. Such counter-notification must contain the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the federal district in which you are located (or Los Angeles County, State of California, if you reside outside of the U.S.), and that you will accept service of process from the person who filed the notice of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
If JibJab Media Inc. receives a valid counter-notification, it may reinstate the removed or disabled material in accordance with Section 512(g)(2) of the DMCA.
Liability for Misrepresentation under the DMCA
Please note that, under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents
- that material or activity is infringing, or
- that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, will be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of the service provider relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material or activity infringes your or others’ copyrights, please consult with a copyright attorney first.
For any Users who JibJab determines, in its sole discretion, are repeat infringers of third-party intellectual property rights, JibJab will terminate their accounts and/or memberships, as the case may be, and prohibit them from creating new accounts with JibJab.
PixFusion LLC has granted JibJab Media Inc. a license to U.S. Patent Nos. 6,351,265 and 5,623,587.